Monday, October 8, 2012

Baby It's Cold Outside!

It may be cold outside, but it's sizzling in The Studio!

My inky little fingers have been busy stamping, crimping, punching, sanding....creating a lot of holiday magic.  The annual Holiday Hoopla frenzy has begun and it's been so fun putting ideas to work.  Cards, holiday planners, an entire Christmas album, advent calendards, a winter wreath....all kinds of holiday goodness is happening down here.  Some of the cards aren't finished yet because I'm waiting for a few items to be delivered from Stampin' Up! but as soon as that box arrives you can bet I'll be adding the finishing touches! There will be 3 card classes in the Hoopla series this year, along with a card class for kids.

There are so many fabulous cards already designed by amazing demonstrators, I had to borrow a few of their ideas!  How much fun are these darling cards!  I love our coordinating punches, Big Shot dies and stamps...it's so amazing what  one little piece of paper can do!  Our Holiday Mini is SO full of amazing Christmas products....I've ordered nearly every single thing! 

Oh my goodness!  The temperature dropped this weekend...it was in the 40's on Saturday.  I enjoy the fresh air so much I refused to shut windows and turn the heat on.  It's usually 10 degrees cooler in the basement (where The Studio is) than upstairs and it was FREEZING down there!  So, we  pulled out the space heater and I plugged in a heating pad for my feet, but I was determined to keep that fresh air in the house.  I still haven't shut the bedroom window....thank goodness for an 800 power fill down comforter!


This kind of cool, fall weather makes me want to be in the kitchen more than my stamp room and I spent a lot of time baking and cooking this weekend.  Crispy sugar cookies & gooey chocolate chip cookies and homemade creamy chicken soup was the result.  My mom is an old-fashioned out-of-this-world cook (and baker) and we grew up with everything homemade and from scratch and I've followed in her footsteps. 
I love using my Grandma's old cookie cutters!
Doesn't this look like the perfect way to start off a chilly day?  Now I'm off to The Studio to work on some more projects.  Lots of holiday craftiness to share with you the next few days!

Happy stampin' everyone!  Thanks for reading and I hope you have a blessed day as well as a week filled with stampin' happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some love!