Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Sweet little gifts

My downline and friend, Leslie, went to visit her daughter in Seattle, Washington last week.  Two of Leslie's daughters recently became Stampin' Up! demonstrators, so not only is Leslie a new demonstrator, she now has a small but growing downline.  Leslie and one of her daughters, Michelle, took advantage of her visit to the Pacific Northwest to attend the Stampin' Up! regional event in Tacoma last weekend.  So, I took the opportunity to give them all a little gift and send them with Leslie on her trip. 


I made each of them this elegant pin with the fabulous new tulle...ooooo la la!

I diecut a scallop from the silver glimmer paper with the Perfect Pennants Big Shot die.  There are 6 scallops punched from the Comfort Cafe DSP (Designer Series Paper).  I die-cut a large scallop circle and hot glued the tulle around it, then attached the scalloped flower in the center.  I added 3 rhinestones to the tulle and then spritzed it  generously with Vanilla Shimmer Mist.

Although you can't see the shimmer in the photo...it was so gorgeous!  I cut pennants from the DSP and Soft Suede cardstock and added a little crochet trim.  I attached a pin back to the back so they could wear them in Tacoma. 


The gift tag was die-cut from the Two Tags Big Shot die. I love that die and use it for so many things.  Another scalloped flower was attached to the tag; the scallop punch is designed to coordinate with the scalloped top of the tag die; you can see how the silver scallop nests on the red scalloped tag.  That is one thing I love, love, love about Stampin' Up! products - the coordination!  Not just the colors, but how many of the punches and dies are made to work together, there are stamps designed to coordinate with many of the punches and there are so many dies that have matching stamp sets as well.  Coordination is a very good thing!

Of course, what is a gift if there is not a little chocolate involved?  I love the colors of these Hershey's kisses!  Perhaps I will invite Leslie to guest blog about her experience at the Stampin' Up! regional.  Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some love!