Friday, September 21, 2012

Contest Reminder

Hello, my new friends!  I've been busy in The Studio alllllllll day long getting prepared for a class on Saturday as well as a workshop Saturday night.  What could be better than working all day on something you love to do?  Not many people can say they LOVE LOVE LOVE their job, but I am one who does.

Hey, I just wanted to remind you....in order to be eligible to win my stamp set giveaway (yay...my first blog contest!) you need to comment on the actual blog contest post, dated Sept. 22.  It is titled "Free is a very good price."  My followers jumped from 9 to 19 in 2 days, I think that's pretty good....but if you want your name entered in the random drawing you need to:
  1. Leave a comment on the "Free is a Very Good Price" post...AND
  2. Subscribe to be a follower
Be sure to leave your comment cuz you know you reeeeaaaaally want to be picked!

What would a blog post be without a little creative inspiration?  Since I haven't created anything original the past several days, I thought I'd share with you the gift I gave to my dear friend, Barbara Welch.  She is another Stampin' Up! demonstrator from Phoenix and we love traveling together.  Two weeks ago we spent the weekend in Denver at a regional meeting Stampin' Up! held for demonstrators and their guests.  It's a tradition to share gifts with your roommates and when I saw this adorable box I knew that's what I wanted to make for Barbara.  A fabulously talented demonstrator, Wendy Weixler, designed the original box.  Isn't it just yummy?  Waaaay too cute to open, I'd say!


The stamped image is retired, but I still use it all the time, it's just so delightful.  The flowers are just a large circle cut into a long spiral strip, wrapped tight and secured with a hot glue gun.  The white tag is diecut with the incredibly fabulous Apothecary Accents framelits and embossed with the new Lacy Brocade folder in the Holiday Mini.  I wanted to use the Holiday Frame folder but after 30 minutes of frantically searching high and low through the entire studio....I couldn't find it, so I finally used the other one.  (It was 2:45a.m. and I needed to get in bed because....I was leaving at 7:00a.m. to drive from Wichita to Denver...I sorta needed to be done!)  Of course, when I got home, I went into the studio and found it within 5 minutes.  I stamped in Not Quite Navy although the beautiful Comfort Cafe DSP (Designer Series Paper) is Midnight Muse from the In Color collection.  The flowers are from the, ummm, interesting Summer Starfruit.  I actually like it, it's just a unique color and needs to be paired with the right colors.  It's really more of a green, although almost everyone considers it a yellow...which is why it seems so jarring.  If you think of it as a green....it takes on entirely different hue.

I hope you enjoyed this little bit of yumminess.  While I was typing this, I polished off the lemonheads that were leftover!

Happy Stamping!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share some love!